Thursday, April 11, 2013

Time I spent some time alone

    Well it didn't quite take 30 years. I finally got around to checking the lyrics on "It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)." Robert pointed out to me (and I fully agreed and in fact still do) that the Mike Mills part was "Tie my hands, I'm all alone." Kissthisguy.com, the legendary misheard lyrics site, suggests instead "Tie my hands up, I'm alone," which is also both good and believable. Apparently, however, the actual lyrics are as in the subject line, dammit. I think what threw us all off is that up to that point, REM lyrics were not conspicuous for how much sense they made. That way actually makes sense! Who ever heard of such a thing out of Athens? Anyway, it's nice to get that cleared up. But I still like our way better.

3 comments:

  1. The lyrics are positively apocalyptic. They could use about 10 more numerical references to the word seven, however....

    ReplyDelete