Monday, June 3, 2013

Does Lowe's dream of electric sheep?

    If you're a hard core "Blade Runner" fan, you might want to go by Lowe's. Otherwise, you might want to give them a wide berth. They've gone a bit 21st century as an alternative to the Walmart greeter approach. They have a lady TV set. It's a TV set shaped like a (specific) lady's head and torso, with a cardboard cutout for the legs. So you have a TV lady facing you as you come in, welcoming you to Lowe's and presumably telling you where the store layout map is. Or something; she creeped me out pretty thoroughly and I hied by pretty quickly. There was at least one more of her in the store. ("Hi! I'm still watching! No shoplifting!" maybe; again I hastened.) I was just trying not to run afoul of the Voight-Kampff test.

No comments:

Post a Comment