Sunday, June 2, 2013

VERY limited audience

    I mean even by my standards. Then again, Google being what it is, this might bring 'em in by the millions. Who knows?
    I've been obsessively playing virtual jigsaw puzzles all year. This is hard to talk about, not due to shame or anything, but because my mild brain damage almost invariably tries to make me say "crossword puzzles" instead, which would be fairly confusing. More recently I found a program called Astra Gift Maker which allows you to make crossw-- I mean jigsaw puzzles (see?) from your own pictures or from pictures off the web.
    It's crazy stupid fun. Key is to find really, really, really colorful pictures, ideally with a lot of colors mixed up as much as possible. Hot air balloons, flowers, Fauvist or expressionist art, etc. The possibilities are maybe not endless, but pretty varied.
    HOWEVER... there's one item that did NOT turn out to be crazy, stupid fun. I made a jigsaw puzzle (got it that time!) of a picture of beads. Lots and lots and lots of beads. Jeez, it was impossible! Took days, and I had to go through all the pieces one at a time at least three times. So what I'm telling you, jigsaw puzzle fans surfing in from Kazakhstan, is to know your limitations. Don't try to make a jigsaw puzzle depicting items smaller than the actual jigsaw puzzle pieces. Or you'll be very unhappy. Unless of course you love challenges, in which case you'll be ECSTATIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment