Thursday, June 27, 2013

Life of crime

    The first rule of being a crime kingpin is never to put anything in writing. Clearly thus I'm disqualified. (Never put anything in writing MUCH does not count.) Tuesday when I picked Dad up from dialysis, it was raining. It had been really, really pouring, but by the time Dad came out it had slackened a lot. However, it was still a significant quantity of rain falling. The dialysis facility has an overhang over the front door which is quite sufficient for nearly every circumstance... unless an ambulance driver has put his/her ambulance right in front of the front door. That was the case Tuesday, meaning that Dad had to get in the car in the rain.
    Thus, I pulled my car absolutely up to the ambulance to get him as nearly out of the rain as possible. One of the ambulance attendants came out and said, "You know you hit that ambulance, don't you?" I said no, that I was just touching it, which was quite true and quite different. (There was absolutely no impact, and certainly not any damage.) She was on the cell with her dispatcher and strolled back to get my license. I've been expecting the flashing blue lights to turn up at my door ever since, but nothing of the kind has happened. And I took Dad to dialysis today and no one mentioned it. However, the same ambulances tend to serve the same facility, and I'm not looking forward to seeing her again. Ambulance drivers don't have arrest powers, right?:)
    Dad went to see the dermatologist yesterday to check on the recovery from the previous procedures. Unfortunately he already had another lesion on his face that needed to be removed. Tests aren't back, but inasmuch as it grew in less than a month, no one will be surprised if it's cancer. We are at least relieved that it is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment