Saturday, June 8, 2013

Is my cat right-handed?

    Or clockwise? When I googled this, I found some interesting stuff. Apparently, the way you're supposed to find this out is to put some tuna at the bottom of a jar. She will go fishing for it, using either one front paw or the other. I think they said that 9 out of 10 female cats are right-pawed and some large number (maybe also 9 out of 10, but this seems unlikely) of male cats are left-pawed.
    I don't feel comfortable experimenting on my cat or using tuna for such an experiment. But what brings it up is when I play with her with string, she's much likelier to chase the string if I drag it along the bed around her from her left to her right (or clockwise) than counterclockwise. Of course, this might just be because I do a better job of going at her preferred speed going clockwise. I'm right-pawed myself.
    Dad is still feeling weak, but at least he was walking indoors with his cane again. He thinks his weakness is due to the hospital trip, but given our previous experiences, I suspect that it's another instance of hangover from the anesthesia. I'm hoping that a second dialysis session will clear more of the stuff out, but there we're up against my ignorance of medicine. Regardless, I hope and trust that he will continue to feel better. Sister Anne is coming to visit just for the weekend as an early Father's Day celebration; hope this helps, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment