Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not at my best

    I got the CV boots replaced on the Camry. I'm not thrilled about the $500 expenditure, but I feel a bit safer. I could have gotten a ride from and to the mechanic's shop, but I like to walk and it's only a bit over a half-hour walk one way. Picking up the car at 1 in the afternoon was a bit of a steamy walk, though. Then for lunch, I ate some elderly beef stew and have been feeling urpy ever since. So while I certainly do not feel particularly bad, I'm not sure that this is going to be a great day for adding to world literature. So long as the urps stay down, I think I'll consider it a good day.
    One thing that was especially good today was music. The radio was good. Heck, even the canned music at Publix played one of my very favorite songs, "Been to Canaan" by Carole King. This almost made up for my inability to find "Jennie Jenkins" by Estil C. and Orna Ball anywhere on the Internet. I'm sure everyone has had that problem before. (It was a song I taped off a library CD called "Sounds of the South," many years ago; recorded by one or another Lomax many, many years before that. Now apparently regarded as a children's song, owing to a refrain largely composed of gibberish. So just up my alley.)

No comments:

Post a Comment