Saturday, June 29, 2013

One-liner delivery boy

    I had this great dream last night. Anyway, it was a great dream while I was having it. Upon further reflection, it's more than a little disturbing.
    I was delivering all the one-liners I had saved up to all the people who needed to hear them. In practice, this meant a girl I had a crush on in high school. In real life, I haven't seen her in 25 years or so, though I've seen on Facebook (though even that was a while ago) that she is happily married with a child. And even in fantasy life, I've been well over her since high school. My brain just wanted somebody safe for me to dream about, I guess.
    No, the aspect that is disturbing is something I posted about before: that I sometimes seem, even to me, less of a person than a joke machine. I guess that's OK, but it's somewhat dispiriting to find my subconscious mind endorsing the idea. Unless of course it's warning me off from the idea. Yeah, that's the ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment