Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One Windows phone mystery solved

    Yes indeedy it turns out that the reason Facebook appeared to be very minimal on the Windows phone was because it wasn't actually on the Windows phone. I guess you'd say that the phone was connecting to Facebook, but didn't actually have the program. I just downloaded Facebook for Windows phone and although it looks a lot like Facebook, I have to say that I'm not seeing a lot of improvement. There is still a distinct inability to change Settings, which continues to be frustrating.
    A bigger deal with the phone is not a Windows issue or a Nokia issue (I hope; could be a crappy antenna I guess) but a T-Mobile issue. I took it out to Congaree Swamp this morning. It worked exactly like the dumb (Net10) phone did, which is to say practically not at all. My Dad tried to call me for an hour and a half and by some miracle eventually got through (even though I was seeing no bars); he needed me to take him to a dental appointment this afternoon. I had had similar experiences with the Net10 there, though mostly those were texts rather than calls. The Verizon Android (which would of course be a great band name) worked markedly better there.
    So I may have to bail on the T-Mobile Nokia. Or Congaree Swamp. We had a very nice walk nevertheless, if slippery. I think the floodwaters are still on their way. I may have to miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment