Sunday, June 16, 2013

Outdoorsiness in abeyance

    The flies and mosquitoes have come out in their numbers on my favorite trails, so nature trekking may be put aside for the season. I don't know why they bug me so; mosquitoes hardly ever bite me and flies don't at all. I just don't care for them perpetually getting under my hat, into my glasses and down my back. The fast-moving ones that rocket off the top of my head make me particularly unhappy, but since I took up hat-wearing that isn't so much of a problem. Anyway, there are numerous parks around here with paved trails which are much less buggy, so it's not like I'll give up walking. There just may be less rambling going on.
    Father's Day may turn out to be a little tricky, as it's gone overcast. Weather Channel app says no rain, though, so hopefully we can take Dad out assuming that he wants to go. Although he may feel that his best Father's Day is to stay in and have take-out brought to him, which would be fun, too. I have a feeling it will work out, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment