Sunday, June 23, 2013

It'll get in the transmission!

    Not to suggest that the fine staff at Precision Tune might ever say anything that isn't strictly the truth or anything like that. But when I took the Camry in for an oil change yesterday, the mechanic brought me back and told me that "both your CV axles are broke." Although this sounded pretty serious, even I know that there's no such thing. My CV boots might be off, but my CV axles probably aren't. Also he was mumbling, which doesn't give one a lot of confidence. Also the last time they told me there was something wrong with my car, when I had it checked by a reliable mechanic it turned out that no such problem existed.
    I told him that I would have my mechanic look at it and suddenly he found his voice, telling the office guy not to forget to put on my receipt that my CV axles were broke. The office guy was pushing the job, too, telling me that it was serious, that, "Those things can break and get up in your transmission!" I told him that I didn't have time today (which was true; I had to go get Dad from dialysis) and that I'd take it up with my mechanic Monday morning. I checked in with Malcolm and Gypsye, more mechanically inclined than me; both suggested that I'd probably made the right move. Malcolm noted that if the car isn't making funny noises, I probably don't have CV problems. This was my first instinct, too. (It isn't.)
    This should be a post about punkin mini-muffins, but I'm not at all sure that they're going to turn out. But the fiascoes are all fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment