Thursday, June 13, 2013

Strife goes to a party

    Oh all right, so I baited and switched you. I've got absolutely nothing on "Strife goes to a party" except that it would have been a great murder mystery title about 70 years ago. There was a popular Life magazine feature called "Life Goes to a Party," and a terrific Benny Goodman number of the same title. Looking it up, I was surprised that I remembered how it goes, not having heard it very many times. But at this late date, I'm not sure anyone would get the pun. Born too late again, I guess.
    Yesterday I took my friend Jim and my new phone off to Congaree National Park to go hiking. I immediately found that I had no signal at all, so it was a washout in that sense. And the trails were very muddy and slick and eventually impassable, so it was a washout in that sense, too. However, we had a real good time. And eventually, somehow, the phone coughed to life and my dad was able to get through to ask me to take him to a dental appointment that afternoon. I did and that went well, too. He had a couple of fillings that had fallen out and the dentist replaced them. And he got around quite well. So in spite of the really astonishing heat out (98 yesterday, 97 today), it was a really good day. And very low on strife.

No comments:

Post a Comment