Monday, June 24, 2013

Gotta get out of the libel business

    OK, the dudes at Precision Tune weren't so hot at speaking English. However, it is true that the CV boots on my car are split and need to be replaced. So I apologize for suggesting that there might have been any dishonesty involved. Moreover, I'm very grateful to them for pointing out the problem before it got bad enough that the car started making any noise. And I'm sure they would have done a fine job fixing the problem.
    Then again, I'm all but certain that Precision Tune doesn't use Toyota parts, and my mechanic does. Also, the fact that the mechanic literally didn't know what he was talking about (or at least what it was called) did not inspire confidence. My mechanic had a full garage this morning, but was pretty confident he would be clear Wednesday morning, so I'm bringing it by first thing. Hopefully the broken CV axles don't get up in the transmission before then.
    Punkin mini-muffins turned out awful. Apparently it really makes a difference using organic instead of Libby's Libby's Libby's and low-fat coconut milk instead of first pressing. I used the latter ingredient out of both sets above when trying to make pumpkin cobbler and the results were a lot sweeter. But I shall persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment