Monday, June 17, 2013

Windows Phone is growing on me

    Now that I know how to use voice recognition (including using it to send (albeit very carefully worded) text messages) and the camera's Panorama function, I'm very, very, very taken with the cheap new phone. Granted I'm less thrilled with T-Mobile, which isn't good at providing service ten miles out of town. Or indoors. (or anyway in more than one set of doors.) But the Nokia Lumia 521 is definitely growing on me, and since I libelled it earlier it's probably best to mention that I'm a lot happier with the weird thing now. Unless the package is lying to me, I think it's smarter than this computer. Which is a pretty smart smartphone right there. (I looked it up and it isn't quite, but still.)
    Father's Day went well as the weather turned out friendly and Dad eventually got over the idea that he wanted to go to Outback, which is generally a nightmare on Sunday evenings even when it isn't Father's Day. We went to Grecian Gardens instead and had a very lovely night. Then my friend Gypsye came around to my place to try my very weird pumpkin cobbler. We had a nice visit and though we could never decide whether it's good pumpkin cobbler, we agreed that it's good something. Open pie, I think she called it. Anyway, whatever it is it's really neat. Will I make it again? I dunno. I like stuff that's more portable so I can share, but I might do it anyway. Really neat is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment