Sunday, June 30, 2013

Guard cat

    Yesterday was a red letter day for Amelia the cat. There was a bad outside kitty! In the yard! At dusk so she could see him better! And he walked the whole way around the house, so she could follow him from window to window! And then he went away, so she's still the best guard kitty ever!
    It must have been a red letter day, because then she was totally full of beans all evening. I played with her with string, and generally made a fuss over her, gave her scritches endlessly, played with her with string again and again and again, and she was STILL full of beans. It may be because she hasn't seen a yard cat in a long time. The other yard cat is much more shy; this one is pretty much a kitten and is still pretty bold.
    She may still be full of beans. She just got herself caught up under the sheet on the bed and had to be freed. Cats do not embarrass, however; her expression was entirely, "I meant to do that!"
    She is not such a fearless guard cat when the perimeter is broken, however. Because my back has been acting up slightly, I've been spending more time lying down lately. Because I'm 98.6 degrees, she likes to lie on my chest. My friend Gypsye came around the other day. When she knocked, Amelia launched herself from my chest, claws working overtime. Probably the last time I'll lie down when I'm expecting someone to come visit.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment