Sunday, June 9, 2013

Father's Day early

    My sister Anne couldn't get time off from work for actual Father's Day, and since things seemed to be pretty stressful down here at the moment anyway she figured she would come down for the weekend to see if she could help. She made it in time to bring him home from dialysis yesterday and visit all evening. Dad wasn't up to going out so she, brother William and I went out to supper together and then she brought Dad and Margaret their takeout orders. We are hoping to be able to go out for early Father's Day supper this evening, but if Dad's still feeling less than his best we can always do the takeout trick again.
    Dad and Margaret are also not early risers, so Anne and I are likely to catch the new Star Trek flick in 3D this afternoon. She's seen it already, but is delighted to see it again. I haven't seen a movie in a theater since... oh, a long time ago. I went to a RiffTrax (Mystery Science Theater 3000 successor) screening. I went to the film of the last cast of "Rent." And I've seen a lot of movies in improvised showings and one or two at the local repertory theater. But the last time I saw a big-release Hollywood movie in a multiplex goes back to Alice days, 4+ years ago. Coming back to life maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment