Sunday, January 19, 2014

364

    Readers know what I'm doing more easily than I do in at least one sense. The reader sees how many posts I've made in a month or in a year, whereas I normally only see the total posts. In the normal way of things, I don't have much reason to go look at my own blog. When I need to search for an old post, it's easier to find it in the Notepad document where I compose this stuff. Thus, I just noticed that my total for 2013 is actually 364 posts. In other words, I missed a day without noticing it. I am somehow bearing up under the shame. I'm almost anal-retentive enough to do another post so this year (if I actually carry on another whole year) will total 366. Almost. But then, as I've said, I may start posting more than once a day to avoid changing theme and tone in mid-post just like this:
    Apparently, I'm the only person on Earth who thinks that Peyton Manning yelling "Omaha!" all the time is funny. I've done gags about it on both Facebook and Twitter (my first repeat between the two) with equal lack of response on both. May as well go for three and go post one on Democratic Underground!

2 comments:

  1. I think it'd be funnier if he shouted "Walla Walla!" all the time, but that might be because I don't get the original joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really a joke, just a puzzling event. Amidst all the "hut-hut-hikes," Manning nearly always yells "Omaha!" several times for some reason. Turns out that philanthropists from Omaha give money to his foundation every time he does it, but that wouldn't be the football reason for it. I was thinking he could go for product placement: "Papa John's!" or "Mutual of Omaha!" "Citibank! Citibank!"

      Delete