Thursday, January 23, 2014

Keystone Kops

    My dreams lately have been almost entertaining enough to be worth paying for, at least the short stretches I remember. There has been an antic, almost Keystone Kops quality of everything happening very fast and very silly (or sillily).
    Two nights ago, I was in the army, then in college, then on the football team. But football was a little different in this dream. There was a little bare patch in the middle of the field called the Jail, like a penalty box in hockey. I got sent there immediately, for no reason that was obvious in the dream.
    Night before last was wacky, too, but last night drove it out. Guess I should have posted about it yesterday. If it should come back, I'll edit. Last night, I was driving on Highway 15 in Lexington County east of Columbia. Anybody familiar with dreams can guess that Lexington County is west of Columbia and there is no Highway 15 there. Highway 15 turned into a river, which I was walking alongside, or in. Then I was able to turn off and I was driving again. I stopped in a fictitious town for a rest, by which time the road had turned back into a river, or rather a seaway. Battleships were going by, but very pretty battleships. White and silver, rather than battleship grey. I'm not sure if there was any transition, but later, I was living in a mall. I mean my house was a storefront in a mall, with the traditional glass front. Other people lived in adjacent storefronts, but there were also retail shops in between. I was relieved that the space was no longer vacant, but I was concerned that my house looked too much like a store. Real people I know were around and seemed highly amused about the whole situation, as indeed I guess I was, too. Only problem: now I want to go live in a mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment