Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Now spit!

    It isn't a new thing, especially not for my dentist (who digs new things), but I got a cleaning today in a room with no bowl. I didn't rinse out with a cup; I didn't spit in a bowl. The hygienist washed my mouth out with a hand-held device and dried me out with a vacuum. (I think she may have gotten my uvula as well, but that's another story!) She looked like my usual hygienist, but I guess that's a fault in my memory from only seeing a person every six months. At least if she had been my usual hygienist, the dentist probably wouldn't have referred to "the person who usually cleans your teeth" as if she were absent, or so I assume.
    So I guess the no-bowl room was because I had a different hygienist. The dentist himself prefers to do cleanings with high-pressure water, which to me at least is ultimate torture because of the high-pitched noises involved. Since I don't hear those noises anymore, I take it that I'm not the only one who feels this way. But the no-bowl method worked out well; my teeth are much less wobbly and my gums less bleedy than they used to be after a cleaning. Then again, that probably has more to do with daily flossing on the whole. Still, I hope that all dentist's office bowls don't go away; how will kids make sense of Steve Martin's part in "Little Shop of Horrors"?
    Changing topic radically (like I said I wasn't going to do anymore), my latest batch of lentil soup was awful, as I used Aldi's organic vegetable broth instead of Kitchen Basics. For the record, a good fix for anemic lentil soup is cloves, cumin and ginger. Although part of the improvement may be due to relief at the fact that this is the last bowl. Ya never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment