Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bravura performance by Mother Nature

    Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's crazy to blog about the weather report, but then, the weather report is crazy. Three days ago, the overnight low was 16 degrees, I think. I had heard forecasts ranging from 12 to 18, so it was definitely around there. And it continued to be freezing until the night before last. The high today is in the 70s. But for the neverending rain, it would be totally comfortable. I understand that much of the rest of the country is nothing like this temperate, so I'll try not to complain too much about the unremitting rain. (Actually, I would be quite enthusiastic about it if I didn't have to take Dad home from dialysis through it, including a front yard with a tendency to flood. But so far the flooding rains are holding off. Knock on wood.)
    What's it all mean? I'm no meteorologist, so it's a bewilderment to me. For me it's just an excuse to trot out, "You got global warming in my polar vortex!" --"You got polar vortex in my global warming!" -type jokes. And I get that it's not any historic temperature change. But it sure is dramatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment