Friday, January 24, 2014

Genius detective

    I am making a good faith effort today, even more than usually, to set some kind of record for inconsequentialness (which is now a word) in blogging. The dentist gave me a new toothbrush the other day, like he always does. It's an Oral-B with his name printed on the handle. There's language on the package saying that it isn't for retail sale, presumably so it doesn't fall into the thriving black market for toothbrushes with dentists' names printed on them.
    It's always puzzled me that I can never seem to find quite the same toothbrush (without the dentist's name) in stores. If it's a good enough product to give away through dentists, you'd think that it would be good enough to sell at retail, too. Mind you, I could never be sure the ones in stores weren't the same, since I could only eyeball them.
    In a genius move, this time I tore off the bit of cardboard with the product number (or maybe the number of batches of bristles, I don't know) before throwing out the rest of the package from the toothbrush I got from the dentist. The mystery can be solved! I'm so excited! OK, I'm not remotely. But it is nice to be able to solve these little mysteries. And I warned you that it was inconsequential.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment