Saturday, January 4, 2014

Calling old people

    Yeah I know I can google. But eventually I'd probably also have to YouTube, and I'm trying to conserve my data use. Also, I just wanted to blog about Possible Possum.
    There was a cartoon in the '60s or possibly even the '50s called Possible Possum. I would nearly swear that his entire schtick was to respond to every situation with (in a syrupy Southern accent) "It's possibul." Now I get that there were tens of millions of baby boomer children to entertain, so maybe standards were a little low. But is that all there was to this cartoon or am I misrembering? If anyone remembers better, feel free to comment or email to elucidate. (Yeah, I also know: It's possibul.)
    Dad situation continues to be pretty OK. I tried to bring Margaret to visit today, but by the time we had made it to the building, he called to say that the transport people were there to take him to dialysis. Darn it. On the other hand, Thursday, they took him so late that he couldn't have a full treatment and they had to take him back for a couple of hours yesterday. So at least that shouldn't be happening again. And he should be done with dialysis for a couple of days whether or not they send him home in the next few days. So there's that.
    Oh, I also just received an email with the phrase "moralistic elitism" in the subject line. Do you think that's any different than "elitist moralism"?

No comments:

Post a Comment