Monday, January 20, 2014

Attractive nuisance

    I forget whether or not I've mentioned already that this area is getting a new park. As it has a historical theme, it will be called the 10,000 Year Park (I think). It's being built right along one of my favorite areas to walk, Old State Road in Cayce, so far still unpaved, the old road to Charleston in colonial and early American times. I suspect that I blogged about it a month or so ago when I kinda sorta did a little illegal entry to explore the new trails. But the thing is, there weren't then and still aren't now any Keep Out or No Trespassing signs. It's more a matter of common sense (a commodity that I have none of) that you don't wander around on construction sites.
    Today I was a good boy and confined my stroll to Old State Road itself. It was such a glorious day, with highs around 70, that I wasn't the only one with the idea. Several vehicles drove up and down Old State and there were two bicyclists. One of the motorists stopped and asked me what the trail situation was and I told him that, basically, that the park isn't open yet but I wasn't seeing any signs saying to keep out. However, he and his wife mainly wanted to walk their little dog. As it happens, already open and nearby Congaree Creek Heritage Preserve is ideal for that, so I directed them there. He had asked one of the construction workers about the park, and the answer was that it would be ready in two months. Two months! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment