Friday, January 31, 2014

Technology foibles

    The smart phone has suddenly decided that it doesn't like being the WiFi slave to the laptop. I eventually had to change the settings for the former on the latter to "Connect even if it doesn't broadcast its name" (or something like that) and it's still being fairly moody. I can't think of any reason the situation would have changed in one day. I did download several apps. None of them should have had anything to do with WiFi settings, but maybe they did. Anyway, the point to this discussion (such as it is) is that it would be very difficult to blog from the phone, so if someday my ability to Wifi via smart phone should go away, this blog most likely will, too. I suspect that my vast readership will somehow cope.
    Speaking of discussion such as it is, I'm enjoying silly thoughts about snow, particularly in that we dodged any major danger from it this time. Mainly, it's very odd how one yard can look like it survived a blizzard and the place next door looks like there's no snow at all. I'm not really seeing major differences in the amount of shade or sunlight the neighboring lots are receiving. Perhaps some kinds of grass are warmer than others. It's beyond me.
    In the just plain crazy stuff department, I was getting tired of how long the ice on my front steps (three in number) was taking to melt. As it refreezes overnight, it might still be dangerous. So I boiled a big pan of water and dumped it on the steps. Not surprisingly, it didn't help. I did sweep off most of the new water, so at least it shouldn't hurt either. As it's going to be 60 degrees tomorrow, it wasn't a big risk.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment