Thursday, January 30, 2014

Greased lightning-- er, waxed skis

    Things went perfectly straightforwardly today. The roads are almost perfectly clear, I swept almost all the snow off my car, persuaded the driver's side doors to unstick and moved it to sit in the sun. Margaret had had the good sense not to go get her newspapers or try to take out the garbage so I brought the former in and took the latter out in good time. There was some snow in her yard, but very little, so Dad's way was not impeded, nor was he in any danger of slipping or falling, as the driveway was totally dry. The waiting area at dialysis was very crowded, but not so much that we couldn't get a seat, and in the end they called him back only 15 minutes after the time they had asked us to be there today. I was maybe a bit over-careful on the drive home, avoiding both the overpass I would normally use and the back street I regularly use when taking the overpass-free route home. In a moment, I'll head to Aldi, going to the location I don't have to cross a bridge to get to. Probably over-cautious too, but always better safe than sorry.
    Weather is supposed to warm up ten degrees every day for the rest of the week, so this is probably all the alarming weather we'll see for the next little bit. A lot of ice is falling from trees on to the roof, which alarms the small cat to no end, but I find it fairly amusing. And heck, if that's the worst that we get, boy were we lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment