Sunday, January 12, 2014

Reassessing

    In recent years, I've lost so much that I sometimes will refer to my tragic demise as having happened already. This tends to make people think I'm crazy or at least think that I'm somebody that they don't want to hang out with. But there is another way to look at it. That yes, that guy I used to be may be gone, but this new guy born in his place is pretty neat, too. This guy actually seems to be able to do things, sometimes. Think of it as the good kind of crazy.
    Meanwhile in real life, I'm some kind of relieved! All that awful weather expected yesterday actually happened, but somehow laid off for the times I was taking Dad to and from dialysis. Considering that there was a tornado watch practically all afternoon, this could be considered borderline miraculous. (Though there was no tornado, there was rolling thunder, which also sounds a lot like a freight train. So a teeny-tiny bit nervewracking.) Between that and just having Dad safely out of the hospital = a lot of relief. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment