Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Lucky

    While we got two or three inches of snow last night, a lot for the South, we really got off easy compared to Birmingham, Atlanta and other points west of here. It's pretty and it's pretty much shut down the city, but we don't have hundreds of stranded motorists all over the place. I guess the fact that it hit late helped a lot. That and the dire warnings beforehand, which most people seem to have heeded. Big problem is that today isn't all that warm and tomorrow is going to be really cold, so not much melting is in the offing.
    Of course, where this affects me is getting Dad to dialysis. I doubt that the driving is going to be a bad problem. Although there are a couple of hills that I have to negotiate, they're on reasonably busy streets, which will be both sanded and pretty heavily trafficked by tomorrow. The streets in my neighborhood are already clear even though it's flat (so if snow were going to accumulate anywhere it would be here) and not very busy. So I'm not too worried about the roads.
    The dialysis facility is a complicating factor. I just called and they said that they would be opening three hours late, so Dad can come at 12:30. As his normal time is 11:30, you would think he would then come at 2:30, but 12:30 is what she said even when I made clear what his regular time is. So, I'm expecting a zoo, basically, and a long, tedious wait. Also, he only got two hours Tuesday and he's only getting two hours tomorrow and his feet are already swelling again. So I'm worried about a return to congestive heart failure. But what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment