Monday, July 9, 2012

And then the nightmares stopped being scary

    I had a dream last night where I was driving my mother around. Anyway, it was supposed to be my mother. She was stout and elderly, but otherwise had nothing in common with my mother; a fictitious representation I suppose. On a residential street I was driving too fast. Going steeply uphill I hit a sudden curve and lost control. I of course closed my eyes, spun the wheel and hoped for the best. (You know, just like in real life.) Somehow we came through OK and I wound up on level ground, still motoring along. Though my eyes were still closed, somehow I knew I was right alongside the curb (kerb? Whatever!) even though I thought the risk of hitting possible parked cars made this a bad idea. So I stopped. (Also, somehow it had become daylight, though when I hit the curve it was night.)
    I was in an extremely toney neighborhood. My fictitious mother, not surprisingly, was a bit unnerved, so I tried a door to see if I could find a doctor. I did, and the people in the doctor's toney house took care of my fictitious mother and all turned out well.
    Point is that it was very exciting and all, but I was never scared nor gritting my teeth or anything like that. I was sort of along for the ride, which is a different reaction to nightmares than I used to have. Maybe now I'm ready to confront real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment