Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My ambition

    My ambition, at this moment, is not too hard to fulfill. If I had any common sense, it would be even easier. All I need is a cell phone with a camera, but for whatever reason I'm reluctant to take that step. (Of course, I could always enlist Paul, who has one.)
    My ambition is to take a picture of the rear end of a Lexus IS 300 (as that's where the make and model names are displayed) and caption it, "Is NOT!" I'm so mature, aren't I? Also, Ford in their not noticeably infinite wisdom sells a vehicle called the Ford Edge, which is pretty funny per se considering how many millions the company was hemorrhaging at the time they started selling it. But they have a specific model called the Edge SEL. Young readers might not know that there once was a car called the Ford Edsel which more or less entered the English language as a synonym for "lemon." (By most accounts, it was ahead of its time, but sales were dismal and by that you are judged.) So, I want a picture of a rear end marked Ford Edge SEL so I can caption it: "The Edsel is back!"
    Paltry ambitions, you say? Well, yeah, but they make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment