Saturday, July 21, 2012

Life and death

    My sister Anne's son James and his wife Cristina yesterday welcomed their new daughter Mia Cristina to the world, at 6 lb, 2 oz. All are well, and happy, and Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
    On the other hand, there's that excrescence in Aurora CO. It's fatuous to say that this is one massacre too many; any massacre is one massacre too many. But I'm not sure I can stand any more. I don't have any brilliant solutions, but one thought keeps recurring: it would be really nice if the news would not refer to these mass killers by name, ever. "The 7/20 Aurora CO Non-Entity" would cover matters sufficiently. Not blaming the media, but these zeebs who do these monstrous things to get on TV or see their names in the paper should not be rewarded. And all the guys in Denver and San Diego named James Holmes could probably use a break, too.
    In dreamland, Alice and I were visiting a highly ethnic restaurant (Eritrean maybe, or maybe unspecified) and we had a magic spell that would take us home immediately. Then it devolved to just calling a cab, damn it. Then we went driving someplace, but in separate cars. I think one of us, possibly coincidentally, was really driving a cab. I was in the lead car and driving in my sleep. It was a really long bridge. In real life, she and I drove the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, 'though in one car. It wasn't that long, however. If this is what Robert means by sending me dreams, no thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment