Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ooh, ooh, I need you love

    So there's a Led Zep song in which the above line gets repeated a lot. I heard it on the radio the other week and was trying to remember or guess which album it came from. The synths were so heavy that I figured it had to be from "In Through the Out Door," but I had that record and listened to it often and just couldn't remember the number. Turned out that was because it was one of the songs I never played; the song was "In the Evening," indeed from that LP. Yeah, I know, not much of an anecdote, but you'll admit that it allowed me to use the title "Ooh, ooh, I need you love." (Yeah, I also know he must say "your," but it sounds like "you.") And maybe now having shared it I'll be able to purge the earworm that it has become.
    Speaking of Led Zep and what it sounds like, brother Mal and I were trying to come up with a more useful spelling of "D'yer Mak'er," which I'd like to think that everybody knows by now is a pun on "Did you make her?" and "Jamaica." I go with "Jer Make 'Er?" Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment