Thursday, July 19, 2012

The mail

    When Dad was in those nursing homes rehabbing, I forwarded his mail to my house so I would know when his bills were due. I should have been tipped off that there might be future trouble when some of the mail for my brothers got forwarded to me, too. When Dad moved in with Margaret, I forwarded his mail again, this time to Margaret of course. Unfortunately, my mail just went away. One item got forwarded to Margaret, but everything else except for carrier-presort (i.e., junk mail) just vanished.
    I have no idea how to proceed. I know when my bills are due, and can just pay them at the appropriate time, but it's more than a slight pain in the butt remembering all this. I assume that if I call the Postal Service and sit on hold for an hour or two, I can eventually find somebody to talk to and who might eventually resolve the issue. Or so I hope. I haven't yet felt like I have an hour or two to spare thus far. If anyone out there has any brilliant suggestions, I'm definitely all ears. I keep wanting to put a note in my mailbox addressed to Postmaster, Columbia SC [my zip code] saying, "I'm still here!" It probably wouldn't help, but it would feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment