Sunday, July 15, 2012

Shortcut

    I got nothing. One thing that bewilders me is when joggers take shortcuts. On the Cayce Riverwalk, there is a short scenic dogleg to look out on the river and the trestles spanning it. There is also a dirt shortcut to bypass it, made by the police officers on their ATVs, since the extreme curve on the dogleg would likely be hard to negotiate. Sometimes, like today, a jogger will take the shortcut, too. It just makes no sense to me. You're out for the exercise, and you've probably run some miles already; why cut off a hundred feet or so? Granted, dirt probably feels better under foot than concrete, but if that were the concern, it seems like you would run some place else in the first place. No big deal; I just wonder. See? I got nothing.
    I got less than nothing. In dreamland, Rolf Benirschke was hosting a new version of Password. Dale Evans was a celebrity guest. There was something weird about the non-celebrity player, too, but I forget what that was. (Probably, though, he was at least alive, unlike Dale.) I just found it odd that my sleeping brain was able to come up with Ross Benirschke.

No comments:

Post a Comment