Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Omega 3 would be a great name for a planet

    (or a rocketship.) Aldi has these brilliant gluten-free crackers, made from brown rice, corn, potatoes and millet, but with some flaxseed thrown in as well. They don't taste too electrifying, but they have a bit of a mood-elevating effect, which I'm guessing is again due to the Omega 3 in the flaxseed. (Or maybe I'm just a flaxseed junkie and never knew. That and the whole Mr. Hyde thing...) This being Aldi and them being in the special purchases section, I've been stocking up while I try to find the same item under its more usual wrapping. (Aldi special purchases stuff, then gets somebody, presumably the manufacturer, to put it in Aldi packaging. Alert shoppers can sometimes find the same item under its actual brand name; granted you pay at least 20% more, but Aldi special purchases never last longer than a week or so.)
    I'm thinking of just adding flaxseed to everything. Publix sells it and it's actually quite cheap. I guess I have to make sure to cook it, though; I wouldn't want a Chia digestive system! Then again, maybe that's the price of moving to Planet Omega 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment