Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bachman and Turner need not apply

    I've owned this '94 Camry for at least 5 years, and drove it a lot for the previous 5 years when Alice owned it. So I was pretty surprised to find a button on the gearshift that I had never noticed before. This may have been partly because it was pushed in. When you push it again such that it pops out, an "O/D off" light comes on on the dashboard console. So I've found the overdrive button.
    Opinion on the Internet seems to agree (mostly) that it's best to leave overdrive on all the time. Apparently, it's just a matter of having fourth gear available for highway and near-highway speeds, a gas-saving feature. I just feel like an idiot for not noticing it in all this time. But though I ain't seen nothin' yet, I'll try try try to let it ride in order to keep takin' care of business. Every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment