Monday, July 16, 2012

NonSequiturBook

    Wow, got completely thrown off track by a rotten apple. One of my Granny Smiths from Aldi had one small bruise on it, but when I bit into it, it proved to be brown under the skin even away from the bruise. I cut it up and it was brown throughout. So if one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch of girls, I have to hope that it doesn't spoil the whole bunch of apples either. Instead I ate a golden delicious that Margaret had given me which I had had in the kitchen window failing to ripen. I decided I'd rather have a green apple that's supposed to be yellow than a brown apple that's supposed to be green. It was not great, but better than the rotten one.
    As I say, off track, but probably appropriate for a piece called NonSequiturBook. I think it would be fun to start an absurdist social networking site called NonSequiturBook. Requirements would be simple; nothing anybody says can make any sense. It would be an interactive Beckett play. No? Well, I thought it was funny. (That'll be the real name of my NPR show.)
    About dreams, and I swear I won't be detailed or specific: I woke in the night in despair, not because of anything in my life that I know of. As far as I can tell, it was just dehydration. After I drank a mouthful of water, I had some difficulty getting back to sleep. When I did though, all my dreams were pleasant, to the point where I had even less desire than usual to get up in the morning. The subconscious is a good doctor, I guess. Or maybe water is.

No comments:

Post a Comment