Friday, July 20, 2012

Just silly

    This evil cat is lucky she's cute. My apartment is a result of a flipping job carried out poorly by people I've never met. They sold the house to my present landlords after turning it into two apartments. My front door is one of the changes they made, and they did it (Surprise!) really badly. The doorsill has a gap of nearly an inch that's just air, all the way across the width of the door. I stuffed in insulation, but it isn't really adequate. I also had to put another strip of insulation between the wall-almost-to-wall carpeting and the doorsill.
    Amelia hates this insulation. Whenever her life and station do not meet with her perfect satisfaction, she tears it out. I holler at her and threaten to take her back to the kitty store. She does not appear to be impressed. I think the problem is that she is actually a billionaire, and is used to a much larger staff. I will have to rely on volunteer helpers. Hell, she's cute enough!
    Dream last night was odd. I was going into a small room with an elderly retired male judge for some kind of job interview. As the interview wore on, there were more and more people there, and the room grew larger accordingly. Also, the judge turned into Nancy Pelosi at some point. Also there was a soundtrack, which would make sense if I had tunes playing all night, but I didn't. As I say, odd; just silly really.

No comments:

Post a Comment