Wednesday, July 4, 2012

You can't fire me; I started the band!

    This is a topic with which I've been obsessed for years. I've seen no evidence that anyone else shares my obsession, though. Let's see, there's Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones and Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd, to start with the big ones. I think Denny Laine of the Moody Blues might qualify. The one time I ran a poll about this on Democratic Underground, the only person to get votes was Peter Gabriel, so I guess he must qualify. There's always Roy Wood for ELO and Billy Zoom for X. I'm not sure about Bernie Leadon and the Eagles, (Wikipedia says he joined late) but he was at least one of the leaders. I don't know if all these guys got fired. (Leadon at least wasn't; he poured a beer on Glenn Frey.) Who else? Stu Sutcliffe? Eric Burdon from War? No in Eric's case it was, "You can't fire me! I took over and renamed the band!" Close, though.
    Did I miss anybody? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment