Sunday, July 8, 2012

Imaginary friend

    Amelia the cat is, as I've mentioned, very vocal indeed. However, this stops immediately on the (admittedly rare) occasion that there is a visitor to the apartment. She goes off to hide for a while. Then if the visitor sits down and is relatively quiet and non-threatening she comes out for scritches and/or to smell their feet. (Visitor is usually Paul who wears flip-flops all the time.) But as far as I can remember, she never vocalizes at all in front of anyone else, so nobody ever believes me about how chatty she is. "I cannot talk," she pantomimes; "What the hell has he been telling you?!"
    It's getting to be a long time, but I don't think she even talked in front of Alice, though Alice could hear Amelia from the next room sometimes. So there is a witness! My imaginary friend does really talk! Now, does she say anything interesting? Well, no, not that I can understand at least. But it's awful darned cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment