Monday, July 30, 2012

Perspective

    Yesterday I went to Lowe's to get a new HVAC filter. They shelved them funny, so when I reached up from the second-best 14 X 25 filter to get the best one, I instead grabbed a 16 X 20. In another "Boy I'm dumb" moment, I didn't even look at it, just continued to checkout. And continued not looking at it until I had taken the plastic off and tried to install it. Not surprisingly, that didn't go too well, so I put the old one back.
    Not being quite a complete idiot, I had hung onto the receipt. Today I went back to get the right size. I had visions of the Returns person saying, "No way! You opened this!" but nothing of the sort happened. They credited my card and off I went to get my 14 X 25. And that's where perspective comes in. Because I've been buying this size for years and years. (Alice's central air took the same size filter.) And it looked just bizarre. Much too long and much too skinny. In my heart of hearts I was surprised when I got it home and it fit. Weird, huh?
    Again again with the cucumbers: on the fourth day, the fourth petite cucumber rotted. Not much, but still. So they're no good in the fridge and they're no good out. Oh well; hello English cucumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment