Thursday, September 20, 2012

A political one

    I make no secret that I am a HIGHLY partisan Democrat. However, this will not be particularly advocative (if that's a word). It doesn't need to be. No, this is about the worst political campaign ever run. One where a rich, handsome guy with literally unlimited corporate money behind him sticks his foot in his mouth every time he opens it. He not only can't get anything right, but also he can't ever fail to get it wrong. It would be one thing if he were conspicuously stupid, but he appears to be anything but. From saying gratuitously snide things about the poor, the middle class, Palestinians, England and I've lost count of who(m) else, to smirking while accusing Obama of causing an ambassador's death by apologizing, to appearing on Univision in brownface, this is a man who is either tone deaf to an impossible degree or who is spending his unlimited funds on the worst. advisers. ever.
    This is the point where I'm supposed to say that I kind of feel sorry for the guy, but I most assuredly do not. As a partisan, I hope he keeps up the good work all the way to Election Day. But what I do feel is bewildered. What the hell is up with the Republicans? Why did they run that clown college field to begin with, and how did they wind up with this zombie robot? Why does he ever open his mouth at all? If he would have just smiled and waved, he would have had a very competitive campaign given the state of the economy.
    It's a puzzle. Maybe he's trying to lose. Maybe it's some kind of revenge against the Republicans for what Nixon did to his dad 44 years ago. Or maybe he's really the worst politician in American history on merit. All I can say is, "Keep it up, fella!"

No comments:

Post a Comment