Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Forgot cellphone

    Saturday, I was charging the cell phone and I just forgot it. Paul and I were going out for Indian food, and I found I was cell-less. As I said to Paul, "It's 2010 again!" No crisis occurred; there were no calls of any kind while I was cell free. So all's well that ends well. It was certainly liberating. It reminded me of eons ago when I was a property manager and had to wear a beeper at all times. That wasn't too much fun, either. I guess that's the difference between corporations and people: corporations get paid for 24-hour monitoring services.
    Dreams this time were odd as ever. This time, I had a new job somewhere along the coast of South Carolina. When I arrived, I recognized the town name on the welcome sign, but immediately forgot it. This may be because my brain had just made up a new town and didn't want me to be distracted by that fact. I stayed in a motel, which I liked, but when I went to pay they said that because it's high season I had to pay for the entire preceding week even though I had only stayed one night. I was all set to argue, sure I would win, when I woke up. And it occurred to me that this is probably why I piss people off. I'm always set to argue, and always sure I'll win. And it shows, a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment