Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ultimate radio genius

    So I know that blogging about radio ads is right up with blogging about my cat in terms of evoking widespread interest, but I just can't help myself. A restaurant here has a new ad touting their new location. They very specifically tell you where their old location is, but the new location they just tell us is in The Vista. The Congaree Vista is a shopping district between Main Street and the river. Thing is, it's about ten blocks long by ten wide. As it happens, I know exactly where the new location is, but the point of the ad is presumably to tell people who DON'T know where it is about it. I just gotta say, I love this ad.
    Similarly, the local fast food chain has a new ad with a brilliant '70s style funk jingle. The only problem is that you can barely hear the name of the company. On the bright side (from their point of view), the listener really wants to hear it again. I hope it pays off for them. Message is that our local advertising people are ALMOST brilliant.
    Now let me tell you about my cat. Seriously, I had been trying to use the Nikon still camera my sister Anne gave me for my birthday to get a video of Amelia very cutely playing with string. The first time I tried, she went all diva on me. (Actually, she just froze because cats are set up to see in evening light and I had turned too many lights on so she couldn't see.) With just daylight though, she made a very nice video. No one will see it unfortunately because I imported it to the computer using Windows, which converted it to Quicktime, which made it very herky-jerky. Next time I'll use the Nikon software.

No comments:

Post a Comment