Friday, September 7, 2012

Part of this balanced breakfast

    I think I mentioned already that my problem with feeling bilious all the time (literally, not figuratively) started with going overboard with the coconut milk but started improving when I added rice cakes to most meals. My breakfast never struck me as conspicuously greasy as it's a frittata with green beans (and one egg) along with either teff or amaranth as hot cereal, and I drink an orange and half a banana blended with filtered water.
    Since I added two rice cakes with jam (spreadable fruit, if you must), I feel a lot better afterwards. (Also it looks a lot more like "this balanced breakfast" from the old TV commercials.) It still makes no sense to me, since rice cakes have practically no nutritional value, not even any fiber to speak of. I'm guessing that the puffed rice absorbs some of the grease and carries it away, but since it still has to carry it away through the digestive system, this idea doesn't make much sense either. Still, it seems to work, so I'll run with it.
    Dad has been burping uncontrollably for weeks and weeks now. He eats a fairly greasy diet, and generally refuses to eat bread. I've been trying gently to suggest that my own experience might suggest that he may want to add bread back to his diet. But he prefers pills. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment