Friday, September 21, 2012

Loving my abandonment

    I still don't think it can last, but I'm loving the absence of Russian robots from my Blogger stats. It was always stupid thinking that we were going to see a strange website as a referrer and go, "Wow! I should click on that!" As I said before, I'm sure every Blogspot/Blogger blogger has done it. Once. Not a truly great path to fabulous profits, I wouldn't think.
    However, I seriously doubt that all the Russians gave up on this idea at once. More likely, Google finally did something right and found a way to block fake referrers. Yay Google! My stats are much barer and I couldn't be happier. I can start greeting all my readers individually any day now.(:)) (Assuming of course that the Russians don't come back.)
    Dream last night was mainly odd in format. Because I was reading a book that was happening in real life as nearly as I can tell as a video game. The book called itself "The Satanic Verses" though it had nothing to do with Islam and I think my brain only threw out the title because major plot points seemed to be signaled by bits of doggerel. Also at some point I was trying to interpret a map of Washington DC that was also spilling over into real life quite a bit. Except I'm pretty sure that National Mall hasn't been moved to Virginia. Maybe I should go check!

No comments:

Post a Comment