Monday, September 24, 2012

Rear ended

    Yesterday, I was at a "no turn on red" intersection, but forgot it. I noticed the sign after I had started to turn on red, and stopped. Unfortunately, the guy behind me followed me. There was a bang, but a little one. I hopped out of the car. It was funny because you would usually have a shouting match, but we just talked about it. I just mentioned what I just said (forgot about no turn on red, then saw the sign). He said he knew it was no turn on red, but then when I looked like I was going anyway, he decided to go, too. (This isn't good defensive driving procedure, but I didn't think it would be a good time to mention it.)
    I couldn't see any damage, and I couldn't feel any damage, so we just shrugged and I got back in the car and drove away when the light changed. When I was rear-ended before, I didn't feel any neck pain for a few days, but I was definitely whiplashed then. I was definitely not whiplashed this time; the impact was about as hard as hitting somebody when parallel parking. So I'm optimistic. Driving away, I started laughing and laughing: I think he fixed my radio.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment