Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peanut butter and jelly: The next generation

    I know, I know, it's less than nothing, but I still thought it was funny. (How many comma splices in the preceding sentence? I dunno, but that's funny, too.) I ran out of rice cakes, so I bought some Udi's gluten-free bagels. They are unbelievably good, but even more unbelievably expensive ($6 for 4), so a rare indulgence. For breakfast I had one with natural peanut butter on half and raspberry jam (which I still would prefer no to call spreadable fruit) on the other. It was crazy mad wonderful delicious.
    Five or six years ago, I never would have believed I would one day intentionally eat anything so Park Avenue as natural peanut butter and raspberry spreadable fruit on a gluten-free bagel. About that time was when every restaurant started serving salads (and hamburgers) with field greens (whatever they might be) instead of lettuce, and I ridiculed them roundly for it. Now I've joined the club. I regret only that I forgot to stick my pinkies out properly.
    Meanwhile, and it's more than nothing, Dad saw the cardiologist yesterday. He said Dad was much improved over last time and wouldn't have to come back for six months. Also Gas-X is making great inroads into the continuous burping (though the cardiologist didn't say that), so things seem to be getting better all around. Yaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment