Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Autumn

    I am not generally a pro-autumn person. One would think that getting up to this ridiculously advanced age, I ought to start getting pro-autumn as a sort of sympathy strike, but one would be mistaken. However, this autumn has been so insanely beautiful so far that I have to give it some thought. Endless blue skies, comfortable but not crisp temperatures-- it's been crazy. A Chamber of Commerce day, every day.
    It makes me think that one day I'm going to have to live in a desert. (Or a dessert. I'm not picky.) Apparently, I cheer up a lot the less clouds that are around. I am assured that after a while, I'll be aching for rain, any rain, to come a-calling. But I think I might be willing to take that chance.
    I'm scared to jinx anything, but since the latest rescheduling of Dad's dialysis time, waits are a thing of the past. Of course, they just scheduled him for the time that they were just getting him in late for before, and it cuts into my lunchtime exactly as much as before. But he doesn't have to get ready unnecessarily early nor does he have to wait so long. So I'm ready to call it a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment