Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bad luck

    I lost a collar stay that had been on my kitchen counter, so I started scouting around the area for it. On the floor in the gap between the counter and the refrigerator was something that looked like a nutmeg. As it was a very narrow gap, it took a while to find an instrument long enough and thin enough to get the mystery object out, but my longest stirring spoon in the end did the job.
    It turned out to be the elephant from an elephant keychain that the owner of Mai Thai restaurant gave me almost four years ago. I was living with Alice then. Since the keychain was cute and pretty, I offered it to her. She declined it, saying that since the elephant's trunk was down, it was bad luck. A few weeks later, she dumped me and threw me out. So I guess she was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment