Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not old school, just old

    I just noticed that my shaving mug is a plastic Amoco coffee cup from that special time when gas stations were still giving away premiums (premia?), but they were really crappy. It's probably from high school, a long time before Amoco got swallowed up by BP, itself a fairly long time ago. And it would be fun to claim that I'm being old school using a shaving brush and mug, the mug advertising a company that went out of existence years ago. But really I'm just old. Though I wasn't when I started, being about 12 then. So maybe I'm both. Why, I remember having to walk through snow ten feet deep to get my shaving soap! Or some damn thing.
    Shouldn't have bragged about my nightmares getting gentler. Not that last night's was particularly brutal. But I was lost in yet another gigantic building which sometimes was a mansion and sometimes was a shopping mall and I had to find my dad and also I had to rewrite my masters thesis and get a number of recommendation by mail all in one day in order to save the world. Not much pressure there! Even in my sleep, I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment