Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WHEN I'm President...

    Another political one, but mainly a usage nitpick. At last night's debate (and probably at the other ones), Governor Romney said several times, "When I'm elected President..." The first time, he undercut it badly by starting with, "If I'm elected President," and then correcting himself to "WHEN." I think the Governor might have benefited from further coaching in English usage before leaving his home planet. The preferred approach would be, "As President, I would..." That way, you convey exactly the same concept without looking like a douchebag. Of course, if you are in fact a douchebag (or a space alien), you may have to practice a lot in order to learn how to talk like an actual human being. That is not for me to say. Do you think Ann will talk after the election?

No comments:

Post a Comment